Mortgage protection is the most basic form of life assurance, which is designed to protect your most valuable asset, your home. Mortgage protection protects your home in the event of your death. It is a legal requirement to have a mortgage protection policy for your private residence.
As the sum of your mortgage decreases, your mortgage protection cover decreases to reflect your mortgage balance. This means that your monthly contribution is guaranteed not to change for the term of your mortgage.
The mortgage protection policy can be arranged on a single life or joint life (first death).
- A single life policy just covers you, the mortgage holder. A payment will be made if you die during the term of the policy.
- A joint life policy is arranged on both lives, but is only payable on the first death. This payment on first death will be made if you die during the term of the policy.
Why you should arrange mortgage protection with us:
- We research the market to find the cheapest quote available
- We are not tied to any particular company
- Choice and value are our priorities
- Our professional team make mortgage protection easy to arrange
- Fast turnaround once we have received acceptance terms
- We also offer a facility to send your policy directly to your lender